EURATEX Vision for A European Textiles and Clothing Strategy
The European Commission should publish before the end of 2021 an “EU Sustainable Textiles Strategy." It will also develop a “transition pathway” for the textiles sector – being one of the fourteen critical ecosystems of the EU’s new Industrial Strategy.
EURATEX wants to contribute actively to this process, to make sure we can develop a forward-looking business model, laying the foundations for a competitive and sustainable European textiles industry.
In line with the EURATEX Charter
- EURATEX strives for a recognition of the Textiles & Clothing (T&C) sector as an essential and strategic part of the European economy.
- Strongly believes in innovation, quality, and sustainability as a source of competitiveness.
- Emphasizes the value of a skilled workforce, embracing new green and digital skills.
- Maintains its support for open markets, based on free but fair competition.
EURATEX wants the European textiles industry to:
- Be a global leader in sustainable textiles
- Be more efficient
- get a greater share on the global market